메뉴 건너뛰기

XEDITION

Board

Using a big, sharp knife, make a cut via the thick skin on the top of the durian, about 3 to four inches lengthy. Take care when dealing with the fruit, since its spiky pores and skin can poke you. Use your hands to tug back the skin—it will come off pretty simply. I want to like durian, I really do, however I find that the scent completely turns me off. Such a disgrace because I know that I would love it, and I spent so much time round durian flavoured goodies once I lived in Indo, nevertheless it simply isn’t for me.

Durians have a strong, rank smell that permeates the outer shell and lingers lengthy after the fruit has been removed. Sewage, stale vomit, skunk spray and used surgical swabs are the aroma notes attributed to the fruit on durian’s Wikipedia entry. A group of scientists led by Jia-Ziao Li charted 50 particular person compounds in durian liable for its overwhelming fragrance utilizing mass spectrometer and gasoline chromatography, together with 4 compounds beforehand unknown to science. Unlike the feel of jackfruit – which can resemble pulled pork – pale white or orangey durian flesh is downright creamy; imagine reshaping a stick of room temperature butter by cupping it inside the palms of your hands. A number of them have been detected in just some different substances, similar to cooked beef, yeast extract, dried squid and leeks.

However, upon getting tasted the pungent fruit, it is an experience you are not likely to neglect. Young leaves and shoots of the durian are often cooked as greens. Sometimes the ash of the burned rind is added to special muffins. The petals of tanah untuk durian flowers are eaten in the North Sumatra province of Indonesia and Sarawak of Malaysia, whereas within the Moluccas islands the husk of the durian fruit is used as gasoline to smoke fish. The nectar and pollen of the durian flower that honeybees gather is a vital honey supply, however the traits of the honey are unknown. Short, stumpy-stemmed mon tong are the go-to durian for a lot of Thais.

The various preferences concerning ripeness among customers make it onerous to concern basic statements about selecting a "good" durian. Notable varieties are Sukun durian , sitokong , sijapang , Simas , Sunan , si dodol, and si hijau and Petruk (Jepara, Central Java). "D168" , which has a round shape, medium dimension, green and yellow outer skin colour, and has flesh simple to dislodge. The flesh is medium-thick, solid, yellow in colour, and candy. Including more recent crossbred varieties, there are some 300 distinctive types of durian available, however Thailand has settled on a handful of favourites. In it, the precise historical Chinese naval captain, Zheng He, is claimed to have led a 15th century expedition to meet the Siamese in what is now Thailand.

buah_cavendish.jpgThe innovation of non-destructive methods to gauge the standard of durian could be applied to produce better yield and to improve the existing applications. Furthermore, the challenges and future perspectives relating to the potential uses of the fruit are proposed. Tropical fruits, in most cases, are bought and eaten fresh , while off-grade fruit is processed. Very usually tropical fruits are turned into juices, chips, purees, jellies, pickles, chutneys, flour, wines, and enzymes . Nonetheless, the forms of consuming tropical fruits may range according to its maturity stages. Young banana and plantain could be boiled or cooked as one of many particular dishes.

The visual look of the entire fruit and half-dehusked of ripe fruits of the four cultivars is proven in Figure 1. The tree has oblong tapering leaves, rounded at the base, and yellowish green flowers borne alongside the older branches. It has a hard exterior husk, or shell, lined with stout spines and incorporates five oval compartments, each full of a cream-coloured pulp in which are embedded one to five chestnut-sized seeds. The ripe fruits are eaten by many animals and are an important part of local ecosystems. Named in some regions because the "king of fruits", the durian is distinctive for its large size, sturdy odour, and thorn-covered rind. The fruit can grow as giant as 30 centimetres long and 15 cm in diameter, and it typically weighs 1 to three kilograms .
위로