메뉴 건너뛰기

XEDITION

Board

A savvy mother has transformed an outdated drinks cabinet into an impressive fancy dress station for her daughters - for just £20. 

Sophie Alderton, 40, from Norfolk, found a cheap drinks cabinet on Facebook Marketplace for just £5 and soon set to work creating an amazing wardrobe for her girls.

'I started buying Disney dresses and fancy dress accessories probably in October for my two and four-year-old girls,' she said, speaking to money-saving community LatestDeals.co.uk.

Google-Places.jpg'I stocked up on them as it was their big Christmas present from me and their dad Dan.' 

Before: Sophie Alderton, 40, from Norfolk, upcycled a drinks cabinet into an impressive fancy dress station for her daughters.

Pictured, before the transformation 

The creative mother bought the drinks cabinet for just £5 on Facebook Marketplace before putting her ingenious plan in action

'I wanted a place to keep them all tidy, but that was fun as well as functional in our family room. I looked online to buy something, but even the basic poles on a stand seemed pricey and very plain.' 

Sophie decided to fill the wardrobe with fancy dress costumes and surprise her girls at Christmas.

Pictured, with one  daughter

'I have always loved doing furniture up in a shabby chic style for our holiday let and home, and with my hubby being a carpenter, I knew I could borrow his tools if needed. 

'Being nearly eight months pregnant when doing it was a little challenging, but I really wanted it finished for Christmas.

She continued: 'I searched on Facebook Marketplace for a suitable unit I could use and found one locally for atap £5.

I then made a template for the top to make it a bit more fancy, and then sanded, primed and painted it using some leftover wood paint. 

'We made a little door mirror and fitted a clothing rail, before adding some baskets.' 

The thrifty homeowner told how she made a little door mirror and fitted a clothing rail, before adding some baskets to complete the transformation (pictured) 

Offering advice to others keen to follow in her creative footsteps, Sophie says that something this big needs to fit in with its surroundings (pictured)

The savvy mum told how her daughters have been dressing up in different outfits every day since opening the DIY Christmas gift (pictured)

Sophie's daughters were absolutely delighted when they were presented with their new fancy dress station on Christmas day.

번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수

등록된 글이 없습니다.

위로