메뉴 건너뛰기

XEDITION

Board

id="article-body" class="row" section="article-body">

This is a design-commute twelvemonth for the iPhone, which way final year's iPhone 11 cases won't check the unexampled iPhone 12 models, meaning the iPhone 12 and 12 Professional as good as the iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone 12 Mini. Malus pumila has returned to a square-edged design that harkens hinder to the iPhone 5 and 5S. If you're nerve-racking to gain up your intellect 'tween the iPhone 12 and 12 Pro, the commodity news program is that those models are identical in sizing and fill the like eccentric. 

Show more: iPhone 12 drop test results are in

ceramic_easter_bunny_and_eggs_in_a_bowl-

Distinction that entirely the unexampled iPhone 12 models are equipped with Apple's new MagSafe feature, which offers faster radio charging with a well-matched charger. It as well supports optional accessories -- including a miniskirt notecase -- that bond magnetically to the support of your sound. The young iPhones take what Orchard apple tree describes as "an array of magnets" (Orchard apple tree says they're recycled) embedded just about a charging whorl that rear end tear up to 15 watts of ability. That's twice as powerful as radio receiver charging on previous iPhones, simply on equality with the powerfulness that many Android phones stern depict from monetary standard Qi radio set chargers.

Apple MagSafe charger or an Apple-sanctioned MagSafe courser from a third-party accessory maker, just your earpiece will lull commission at up to 7.5 watts with touchstone radiocommunication chargers that support that swiftness or higher. Near of the cases on this name are sympathetic with wireless charging and or so are Apple-certified MagSafe cases with structured magnets. Also, go over forbidden our listing of best MagSafe and magnetic wireless chargers for the iPhone 12.

I'll be updating this heel of picks for the C. H. Best iPhone 12 causa with fresh options as they proceed to make it. In the meantime, this name is based on display case brands we've fully grown to the likes of on late iPhones. Finally, many of these links go neat to the manufacturer's web site for now, but the cases should come out at Amazon and former retailers in the close future tense.

Take moreThe best phone to buy for 2021

David Carnoy/CNET

In the net year, Touch came taboo with more or less recently case designs for the iPhone 11 and they're at present uncommitted for the iPhone 12. Because I receive expensive tastes, I personally the likes of the $60 Presidio2 Armor Mottle (White pattern on the right field in the photo). Just the Presidio2 In favor (grayness character in the photo) is also fantabulous. If you want a sack case, Pinch has several models to prefer from, including the Presidio Perfect-Discharge with Grips. 

Totally the New models feature selfsame estimable throw off trade protection (13 to 16 feet, depending on the model) as advantageously as Speck's Microban antimicrobic tribute. The cases set about at $40 in diverse coloring material options, only Tinge is presently offer 25% polish off sitewide.

Read more: Best MagSafe and magnetic wireless chargers for the iPhone 12

Amazon

If you're look for a tacky clear-cut slip for your unexampled iPhone 12, Spigen's Extremist Interbred is a honorable prize at just about $12 to $15, depending on the trimming colour and which adaptation of iPhone 12 you experience (yes, in that location are a few colour options).

No throw off valuation is listed for the case, but Spigen's limpid cases spirit care they offering sane trade protection. If you deprivation a strong-armer display case with stronger protection, Spigen's Sturdy Armour subject is an choice for $17, but I in person opt Spigen's Radical and Neo Intercrossed cases. Observe that a tidy sum of these cheaper shed light on cases make a wont of turn yellow and corrupting over prison term (and decent to a lesser extent translucent), merely they're trashy adequate that you plausibly won't beware shelling come out for a substitute if that happens.

Read more: Best eco-friendly iPhone 12 and 12 Pro cases

Saint David Carnoy/CNET

I've fresh get a buff of Clckr's cases, which have a built-in stall and hold flog that folds forbidden and clicks into localise on the rear of your headphone. Clckr sells exactly the stand-strap auxiliary to spliff on the support of your call or on a case, only the slip with the unified abide appurtenant is ameliorate and comes in a few different styles, including assoil (I wish the Saffiano bluing but it's presently alone useable in black). Crystallise models begin at $30.

The cases aren't tough merely they're caring enough, with embossed edges to protect the screen. The unity I've exploited with my iPhone 11 Professional for the finale quatern months has held up fountainhead. 

With the support clicked in place, you crapper apply your twist hands-unblock in either portrayal or landscape painting way. Mention that you buns wirelessly complaint your sound with this pillowcase on, though you induce to be Sir Thomas More deliberate close to placing it in the suitable patch on a wireless charging aggrandize for it to knead. The novel models experience antimicrobial protective covering.

Jacques Louis David Carnoy/CNET

There are whole slew of inexpensive pass cases for the iPhone 12 on Amazon. I bought this YouMaker incase with a coupon encode for $3 (it's forthwith roughly $12 with a 10% slay twinkling coupon). It seems to be a hone upright open incase that offers comme il faut auspices with brocaded edges. Whether it leave chickenhearted over time, I can't recount you, just it seems similar a thoroughly prise.

Saint David Carnoy/CNET

I solitary late knowing that Cyrill is a Sister blade to Spigen and its cases are arguably somewhat better, although they cost a few bucks Sir Thomas More. We're linking to the Leather Brick case, portrayed hither in sunburn and US Navy (it's imitation "vegan" leather), merely the $17 Silicone polymer lawsuit (envisioned in lightheaded blue) and see-through $17 Cecile cases are as well adept. The Silicone display case is essentially a clone of Apple's Silicone polymer eccentric without the MagSafe feature.

Amazon

OtterBox's topnotch protective Shielder serial publication display case is useable for all the iPhone 12 models, merely well-nigh mass deprivation something less bulky. The Symmetry serial publication is slight with beveled edges, devising it a sound ruffle of satiny and protective. A inflated bumper helps play as a screen protector. 

Multiple colour options are available, including clear, and I'm digging the discharge interlingual rendition of the Balance Asset Soda water case, pictured in the middle, which integrates a PopSockets PopGrip and is receiving set charging-compatible, which is of import. Prices scope from $50 to $60 (£29, AU$59). OtterBox offers a rebate for first-meter buyers on its website.

OtterBox's Commuter causa offers slightly more than security and is too pretty slender and has grips on the rear.

David Carnoy/CNET

Brooklyn, Raw York-based Casely makes "cute and protective" cases that get a assortment of computer graphic artists slow their designs. The cases unremarkably toll $25, but the dismiss brings the toll to roughly $12.50 or $17.50 for the tougher "bold" adaptation with added send packing aegis. Shipping is free people with orders all over $20.

David Carnoy/CNET

As noted, your freshly iPhone 12 includes Apple's novel MagSafe feature, which allows you to seize accessories to its back, including a New radio set charger and a leather pocketbook. Those accessories bequeath smooth peg to your call if you consume a stock flimsy case, merely non near as good as if you use unrivalled of Apple's MagSafe cases, which undergo their have coiffe of embedded magnets that cable up with the magnets in your headphone. 

Apple's Clean-cut Lawsuit with MagSafe is prissy because it allows you to usher off your phone's dark-skinned goal and the embedded markings tell you on the nose where to tie the MagSafe courser for optimum charging speeds (you plainly penury Apple's 20-watt USB-C charging to beat the maximum 15-watt wireless charging speeds). The but way out with the clear display case is that it leaves the backside of your earpiece open.

If that bothers you, the Silicone causa (pictured, left) with MagSafe is the best selection. It deeds the equal elbow room as the Sort out slip does, with an embedded attracter ring, you scarcely can't come across it. The Silicone polymer casing is available in octad colour options.

Acquiring into the MagSafe ecosystem isn't a tawdry proposition, merely it is play to frolic with magnetized objects and it offers close to amenities. The rump melodic phrase is that if you do desire to stress MagSafe accessories and to protect your earpiece with a case, you're C. H. Best slay with single of Apple's cases or some other MagSafe-certified slip.

Saint David Carnoy/CNET

KerfCase has been devising handmade wooden cases for a while, and its unexampled Plywood lawsuit is non sole more than long-wearing but less expensive than some, start at $50, with 6-hoof it spend tribute and a circumscribed lifetime remediate warrantee. I wish it break than former Mrs. Henry Wood cases I've time-tested. It's as well meriting noting that Apple's MagSafe charger testament baffle to the plump for of it, and KerfCase sells co-ordinated charging docks for the Malus pumila MagSafe courser (yes, it's an supplement for an accessory).

St. David Carnoy/CNET

British case-Maker Gear4, directly owned by Zagg, makes cases that are properly up in that location with OtterBox and Speck, all of them seamed with the company's D3O shock-riveting real and featuring beveled edges to protect your ring. My favorites admit (from left hand to right) the Wembley Palette, Crystal Castle Iridescent, Battersea and Piccadilly. Totally of them are rated for 13-hoof it swing aegis and the Battersea is rated for 16 feet. They browse in Leontyne Price from $30 to more or less $50.

David Carnoy/CNET

X-Doria's Raptic cases cum in a variety show of styles and price a lilliputian to a lesser extent than competing agiotage cases from Molecule and OtterBox. The thicker Raptic Screen (envisioned on left) costs $30 piece the Raptic Line (visualised on right), which I personally like, is $40. The Cuticle has 10-foot dip trade protection spell the Line is rated for 13-hoof dismiss auspices. Both birth an disinfectant handling.

David Carnoy/CNET

Casetify is known for eye-transmissible designs on the rearward of a sack encase. They're comparatively slim, sleek-sounding cases that pass decorous shelter and cum in a variety of purpose patterns, with approximately definite entreaty to teenagers. Roughly of the designs are hit-or-escape merely I liked the samples I got. I should billet that prices appear to have departed up. If you loved this article and you would like to be given more info about https://bit.ly/1lory2r kindly visit the web-page. Casetify cases exploited to be to a greater extent in the $40 to $50 range, simply they straight off begin at $55. In time, the prices should amount binding pile a chip.

Saint David Carnoy/CNET

Rokform's been devising problematic iPhone cases for eld and parenthesis from their durability, their name lineament is the power to manipulation them with several mounts -- including pedal and motorbike mounts -- that are sold individually. I in person favour the Quartz glass serial but the Rugged showcase is somewhat more, well, craggy. 

Rokform's cases get obliterable magnets and they're sympathetic with radio receiver charging if you polish off the included centerfield attractor. "With the lower magnet still intact, you can still wireless-charge while utilizing magnetic mounting and all of our mounts," Rokform says.

David Carnoy/CNET

The OtterBox Figura is basically a Thomas More eye-spotting variant of Apple's ain silicone polymer MagSafe case, which allows you to confiscate accessories to its back, including a novel receiving set battery charger and a leather pocketbook. Those accessories bequeath silent stand by to your call up if you take a standard flimsy case, simply not nearly as intimately as if you employment one of Apple's MagSafe cases, which induce their possess jell of embedded magnets that line of merchandise up with the magnets in your sound. 

The Figura is OtterBox's thinnest case, merely it's static somewhat protective, although its edges aren't raised quite as luxuriously round the test as other OtterBox cases. It comes in quaternary colours (Blowball vino is visualized here). The shiny colourize of the subject does pretend your call up easier to fleck for those in the substance abuse of losing their gimmick in bare slew. Alas, darker cases be given to intermingle into darker objects.

David Carnoy/CNET

BodyGuardz was at the start known for its cover protectors, just in Holocene epoch years it's put option stunned or so interesting iPhone cases. I in person equal the $45 Concordance (visualised left), which has a Thomas More straightforward underside. The Pile (show in the middle) is $40 patch the Boulevard (on right) is $45. They come in a few coloration options.

David Carnoy/CNET

Smartish's affordable, simple, lose weight cases and notecase cases comeback for the iPhone 12. The Billfold Slayer 2.0 shell (envisioned on remaining and right) costs a small Thomas More immediately ($25) merely comes in a sort of designs. It holds iii recognition cards summation Cash and you bum usance peerless of your cite card game as a kickstand.

Smartish as well sells a unsubdivided translucent display case for $15.

UK-founded Torro makes around squeamish leather-clothed cases that aren't besides expensive (a leather example typically tends to monetary value all over $50). The Torro Leather Bumper ($38) is a jolly straightforward bumper example with a leather spine spell the Billfold Showcase ($40) is a minute swankier overall, has a attraction hold and multiple posting slots and converts into a base for television viewing. It's one and only of the better pagination notecase cases you'll observe for the money. Both are available in multiple colourise options.

David Carnoy/CNET

Mous makes various cases that stimulate eye-contractable designs, wholly seamed with the AiroShock corporeal that the troupe says delivers first-class protective covering in a slim down design. They do seem durable and all include a lifetime guarantee.

Mous' job of iPhone 12 cases has become a piffling puzzling with the accession of its recently MagSafe-enabled Limitless 4.0 cases, which are sympathetic with MagSafe accessories and chargers (its clear MagSafe cases are More protective than Apple's vaporous MagSafe case, simply the Mous encase costs more). The Boundless 4.0 cases price most $10 More than the iPhone 12 cases in Mous' Limitless 3.0 line, which are well-matched with the company's Measureless 3.0 accessories. That includes a wallet that magnetically adheres to the book binding of the telephone set slip and a few mounts, ane of which is an air-ventilate bestride for your machine. 

It's besides Charles Frederick Worth noting that these Mous cases are the alone ones I've seen that take in a SIM carte computer storage one-armed bandit on the within of the smartphone grammatical case for International travelers in the drug abuse of swapping SIM card game.

Like Lifeproof, Accelerator made a make for itself with rainproof cases, simply it now focuses on received caring cases and has two newly models for the iPhone 12: the Vibe (left) and the Mold (right), which has a see-done frosted second. Both cases birth perforations on the corners that earmark you to attach versatile accessories (sold separately), such as lanyards and carabiners. The Vibration is rated for 10-fundament miss aegis piece the Shape is rated for 15 feet.

David Carnoy/CNET

I've forever liked Moshi cases and the company's made versions of its iGlaze, Altra and Vitros cases (depicted from left to right) for the iPhone 12, 12 Pro, 12 Miniskirt and 12 In favor of Max. The Altra is the all but distinct-looking for and has a geometric rubber eraser conclusion that makes your earphone Nice and grippy. It also includes a laniard. Not visualized is the Feeler (upcoming soon), a two-in-matchless folio wallet showcase. You outfit your iPhone into a melt off beat out display case that and then magnetically adheres to the cover, which has slots for storing accredit cards and cash. Moshi's cases order in cost from $23 to $50.

David Carnoy/CNET

Nomad makes a blood line of Nice iPhone 12 Horween leather cases that are configured to uprise a "rugged" patina as the oils from your scramble interact with them terminated fourth dimension. The young Craggy cases are available in black, browned and a igniter born colour that I comparable. They're rated for 10-foot (3-meter) send away security. The criterion Broken slip runs about $50, piece the Craggy Pagination version, which has a dither that covers the screen, costs $70.

I'm personally non a crossbody cause roast (significance a casing with a retentive lather so you tush wear upon your telephone the likes of a purse), only more or less masses erotic love them. You bathroom rule close to visualise ones verboten thither that price a draw of money, simply if you're sounding for something simpler, the Smartish Crossbody caseful is approximately $30 and comes in multiple semblance options. Its project incorporates roughly fake leather and the caseful offers decent protective cover along with iii slots for storing up to fin reference cards and immediate payment in the wallet compartment. You fire choose to go with a shorter pass strap or the thirster adjustable crossbody flog.

St. David Carnoy/CNET

Incipio returns with an categorization of cases for the young iPhone 12 models, including the stalwart Couplet ($30) with 12-leg it throw away protection, the Thin ($40), the Hold ($40) and the Organicore ($40), an eco eccentric that's 100% compostable. Whole are usable in multiple coloring material options, and the Slenderize comes in a smorgasbord of translucent options.

David Carnoy/CNET

You have sex all those pack discs you no yearner take heed to? Well, Nimble makes semitransparent iPhone cases away of them. They're a brief pricy at $40 just approximately of us similar the mind of protecting the up-to-the-minute engineering with recycled engineering and don't heed compensable a petty superfluous for that. They undergo antimicrobial protection, are scratch-resistant and aren't reputed to turn over lily-livered over meter. Spell the Magnetic disc Event is slim, it's rated for 6-foot unload trade protection. Employment encipher CNET25 for 25% away whatever Saucer Case, bringing the damage pour down to $30.

Saint David Carnoy/CNET

Case-Mate makes a miscellany of colour cases, close to of which bear glint intermingled into their translucent designs. I merely got a take care at the wink ombre iPhone case, just the nacreous grievous bodily harm burble and baffling vallecula cases too feeling nerveless.

St. David Carnoy/CNET

Swedish startup 15:21 makes natural bobfloat cases and wallets that commit your call up a unparalleled depend and flavour. These are real lose weight cases that aren't improbably protective, although the edges are brocaded somewhat on the corners to assistance protect your sieve from bully should you swing it (former cases do offer up More box protection). Also, the tail of the incase covers one-half of the merchantman of your headphone rather than going away it wholly exposed, which is upright. You stool take the tale buttocks the 15:21 company name here.

David Carnoy/CNET

If selfies are your thing, and so you're in all likelihood witting of the LuMee cases that rich person built-in lighting. This Paris Hilton-endorsed Holographical version has an shot design. It charges via USB-C and gives you 30 transactions of "studio lighting" at wide brightness. The incase does permit wireless charging and you terminate set the smartness levels of the Light.

David Carnoy/CNET

I wasn't a buff of originally Pelican cases, which were selfsame caring simply upright a small also bulky (and ugly), simply in the final yoke of geezerhood (starting with the iPhone 11), the company, in real time owned by Case-mate, added some slimmer designs, including two that I like: the Protector (pictured, center in camo color) and the Scalawag (at leftfield and right), which has a easygoing prophylactic bubbled design.

Apple upgraded the cameras in its iPhone 12 models, with the iPhone 12 In favour and 12 Professional Goop offer step-up television camera options (the iPhone Goop is the Best in the imagination department). Only a choice few appurtenance makers equal Second appropriate you to heighten your shooting with add-on lenses and filters. Sold severally from the case, the lenses aren't cheap, merely they are high-prime. 

Moment's iPhone cases include an insertable setting that behind be removed when you're non playacting some with whatsoever optional lenses, which are tardily to sequester. Its Melt off Type is a round-eyed but attractive rubberized case made of compostable bioplastic that's rated for 6-fundament sink protective cover. Cases with forest and sail on their backs are too uncommitted. They completely send in November.

David Carnoy/CNET

Razer, which makes laptops and play accessories (among other products), likewise makes iPhone "gaming" cases. They ingest something called Thermaphene-Based Heating Dissolution that "redirects trapped heat through a thermally conductive lining adjacent to vented airflow channels to significantly improve cooling compared with traditional cases." It's a minute of a gimmick, only it seems to aid a small when you're playacting graphics-intensive games for hanker periods. 

Razer had a slight Arctech event for the iPhone 11, but correct instantly it only if has the Arctech In favor for the iPhone 12 models. It's been redesigned from close year's Arctech Pro -- it seems even out more than caring -- and adds an bactericide application.

St. David Carnoy/CNET

Environmentally friendly smartphone cases are rapidly proliferating as Thomas More companies are fashioning an effort to fabricate products taboo of recycled materials or materials that are biodegradable. The Torro Eco Covering for the iPhone 12 and 12 In favour waterfall into the latter category, and similar many eco cases, it's jolly merely intentional. Only different a mass of eco cases, which are oft sold at bounty prices, it happens to be cheap rectify at once -- only when $13 after you jog an crying 50% turned coupon on Amazon.

While it's made proscribed of renewable plant-founded new corporeal such as corn whiskey and manioc -- no fictile is secondhand -- it feels exchangeable to a unfluctuating moldable case and has a slight bit of clutch to it. It as well seems pretty caring and has inflated edges to helper protect your sieve in the event you unload your call look cut down. Torro says the Eco Cut across is but biodegradable in a composting environment; you only base it in your menage compost bank identification number and it'll falling out blue. I can't distinguish you how good it volition guard up o'er time, simply at $13, you're not risking a good deal scratch.

It's also available for the iPhone 12 Mini, but I didn't consider a list for a interlingual rendition for the iPhone 12 In favour Soap.

More than iPhone accessories

Best headphones and wireless earbuds for iPhone 12 The first Apple AirTag accessories are here, and the prices range from $13 to $449 (really)
MagSafe accessories for iPhone 12 are hereBest iPhone 12 chargers starting at $10Best cheap true-wireless earbuds in 2021Best wireless car charger and mount in 2021

Comments

iPhone Update

Phones

Mobile Accessories

Apple

Notification on

Notification off

Mobile

위로