메뉴 건너뛰기

XEDITION

Board

Adam Beard Recalls Watching Dan Biggar's Heroics From His Local Pub

JorgVelazquez579730 2022.07.21 02:39 조회 수 : 0

You have to go back seven years for the last Welsh victory at Twickenham.
In 2015, Dan Biggar was the Wales hero. 

No Welsh fan will ever forget the shuffling kicking routine which made Biggar a viral sensation and also helped him to a 23-point haul against England.

While Biggar was putting the boot into his country's oldest and bitterest rivals and sounding the death knell on England's own World Cup, nearly 200 miles away a young Adam Beard was sinking pints at Birchgrove Rugby Club near Swansea

In 2015 Wales managed to seal a win over England at Twickenham thanks to Dan Biggar 

Biggar celebrates Wales's last win at Twickenham back in 2015 after his heroic performance

Back then, Beard was merely dreaming of Test rugby.

Now, he is Wales skipper Biggar's right-hand man as vice-captain, a British & Irish Lion, and a growing presence as a lock forward with the great Alun Wyn Jones absent injured.

'I definitely remember those Wales and England games.

There are a few that stand out,' Beard care products said.

'To get one up against England is definitely on the bucket list for any Welsh player. In 2015, I was actually out at my local rugby club having a couple of beers with the boys.

'I remember that day and it'll go down as one of the greatest victories for Wales.

It's every young Welsh boy's dream to be a Wales international.

'To actually fulfil that dream makes me immensely proud. It's an amazing achievement.' 

Biggar and Beard are the men in charge of Wayne Pivac's next generation of Welsh talent.
Eddie Jones has talked about a 'new England.' This is also a new Wales.

Biggar and Adam Beard (pictured) are the men in charge of Wales' next generation of talent

Head coach Pivac has been forced to look at the next generation of Welsh talent, partly due to injury to a host of his senior Lions, but also because the golden generation of the past can't go on forever.

Only five players who beat England in 2015 will feature for Wales on Saturday.

'Twickenham is a very difficult place to go and win, but what we've got in our group at the minute is a lot of players who don't fear going there,' Biggar said. 

'It's positive a few of us have managed to win at Twickenham, but we are under no illusions it's a very different squad.' 

위로