메뉴 건너뛰기

XEDITION

Board

Sporting Lisbon are reportedly set to offer Bruno Fernandes a new deal - but could still sell the 25-year-old in January should the right offer come in.

Tottenham came close to signing the Portuguese playmaker in the final few days of the summer transfer window but were a few million pounds short of meeting Sporting's valuation.

_600.jpg

After several failed attempts of trying to leave the club this summer, Sporting are now ready to meet with Fernandes to discuss improved terms on a new deal, according to The Sun via A Bola.

Sporting Lisbon are reportedly ready to offer Bruno Fernandes a new contract

The reports suggests that the Portuguese outfit will offer their star player £1.8million-a-year, which is £1.3m short of the £3.1m-a-year deal Spurs were offering.

Manchester United could also be in for the Portugal international in three months time. 

According to the Manchester Evening News, United will be aiming to sign a new midfielder once the window reopens after funds have been made available to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. 

Spurs still remains as favourites to sign Fernandes but United may be tempted to make a move after the north London club's initial approach was blocked. 

Sporting will ask for £63m should any club register an interest in their star player.

Fernandes featured in both of Portugal's wins over Lithuania and Serbia in the past week

Following his failed move to the English capital, Fernandes told GQ Portugal: 'As you all know, Tottenham made a lot of proposals for Mix Parlay Saba me. Everything was right with me - or practically should be. 

'I never made any big demands, my manager was always dealing with the financials.

'It was and is my goal to play in England, Sporting you know that, everyone knows that, and there were conditions for things to be done.

'But Sporting understood that the value was not enough and I have to respect the decision.'

위로