메뉴 건너뛰기

XEDITION

Board

Some Villain Thoughts About A Container Village

RWJVon2835007745562 2022.12.02 09:34 조회 수 : 3

Preview: "Shipping containers" have yet nothing look at with "housing" in Romania. Is there any chance that they will soon? Belonging to Eastern European block, released in 1989 from communist oppression, Romania has already experienced fifteen years of much less stunning freedom.

-----------

I read a few articles about shipping container housing. It took me about 5 minutes to realize this subject makes your mind frolic endlessly on an imaginary (however not utopian) land. Those articles fall under some very respectable gentlemen (at least that was the impression they made on me, at first reading) - that praise living in shipping planting pots.

Let's go cheap

A 40 foot-long shipping container could reach to $1,500-2,000. I started asking myself questions about how this subject could develop into a solution for homeless people Romania (that's where I live), where flats cost (at least) $20,000. And they're not 40 foot-long.

At exact sneakers time, Romania has a large amount of peripheral categories: the poor, the old, the young, the unemployed, the pitman, the gypsy, the orphan, the student.

Could they benefit from this recent discovery that dealing with some sort of shoe-boxes could be really cool and trendy? I'll try to respond that.

A few advantages at a Romanian reason for view: for peripherals it's cheap, for artists it's unconventional the subject is quite green you can "camp" anywhere you want (Romania have not few spectacular landmarks) end result you get using shipping containers could be anywhere between "plastic" and "platinum", practical and fantasy, serious and ludic - you can move your "house" about. At least exactly what LOT/EK individuals are trying to prove by their "mobile dwelling unit" project. Earthquakes, floods and sliding land are some serious problems in Romania, so being able to leave the place at a snail's pace may help. - most Romanians survive in blocks of flats that pretty much look like overcrowded shipping containers (and usually inadequate to modern standards: water supply, heating, insulation, comfort etc). Could shipping container houses actually mean an affordable escape? Maybe, if yet properly transformed and adapted to living conditions. - A sad fact is that few Romanians actually get the possibility to pay $2,000 cash for a house-to-be.

If in order to not a Romanian 2007 could be, in the optimist version, the year that Romania will join EU. Compared to Western standards, Romanian land properties tend to be very cheap. Land-purchase conditions are the same for both Romanians and foreigners.

A few observations to Mr Doug Casey's reportage about his Romanian adventure (http://www.escapeartist.com/efam17/Romania.html).

Given the reasons Mr. Casey liked Romania, I quickly made some "counts". The standard Romanian must work (at a medium economy salary rate of $11 per day) 2272 days to buy an apartment; or, 103 months (I excluded weekend days of course, they do not pay); or 9 various years. This without considering any interest. And supposing that this particular individual doesn't eat, dress or pay mortgages. Just work his butt off. Actual terms, he needs far more than nine years, probably 23. That's pretty much to average ephemeride that lives an average 75 years life.

Mr. Casey's mentioning within the brief trial and execution of the Ceausescu couple has suddenly brought to my senses a smell of a Dogville atmosphere i have nothing you've seen prior associated with Romania. Of course, I'm talking about the movie dog-ville, not the real one.

That takes me to be able to the initial idea that shipping container housing is a subject provides you some chalk drawn-squares (or parallelepipeds in our case) that make you to help play like kids do with their Lego pieces.

But here are a few more questions:

Where a person find those imaginative grown-ups that are able to spend playtime with shipping containers in a coherent / artful process?

What would their work be worth in the end?

How much do utilities cost (water, energy, gas supply et cetera.)?

Would the authorities be prepared to hear this as a different option solution to traditional living?

If you loved this post and you would certainly such as to receive even more information regarding Modern Container House kindly see our own web site.
위로