메뉴 건너뛰기

XEDITION

Board

Want To Know More?

SteffenLamarr20744 2022.04.26 07:32 조회 수 : 1

Since this tree certainly didn't carry its own insurance, we hope the driver had comprehensive coverage (which applies to the car). See more car safety pictures. Just like cars themselves, car insurance comes in all shapes and sizes. And it's a good thing, too -- in the U.S., it's required by law in 47 states, so you might as well have options. But what do those options cover: the car or the person? Well, both. In this article, we'll explore exactly which kinds of auto insurance apply to what. Auto insurance is sold in packages consisting of different types of coverage. That means if your brother's car breaks down and you let him take yours to work, your car is still covered -- even though you're not driving it. There's a huge crack in your windshield, and the sign sure doesn't have insurance. Is it up to you to pay for the damages? Not if you have collision coverage. And, of course, this comes in handy when an inanimate object is involved. On the next page, we'll look at the other piece of the auto insurance puzzle -- the types of insurance that cover the driver, not the car. Liability insurance is one type of coverage that follows the person, not the car. It will pay for damages to other people. Other people's property that you're found at fault for causing. The three types of liability insurance are person (which is the total your coverage will pay for a single person injured in an accident), accident (which is the total coverage for all people injured) and property (which, yes, covers property damage). So just how much coverage do you need? Well, that depends where you live. For example, Pennsylvania requires that all drivers carry a minimum of $15,000 in coverage for single-person injuries, $30,000 for total accident injuries, and $5,000 for property damage. Medical payments (med pay) coverage pays for any injuries that you or your passengers may incur in an accident, regardless of who's at fault. However, if you already have decent health insurance, med pay coverage may be redundant -- talk to your health insurance company if you're not sure. Check with your state's Department of Motor Vehicles or Department of Driver Services to find out what kinds of coverage are required and how much you need to be insured for. First, the owner of the car you're driving must have insurance. Since most insurance follows the car, not the driver, you're covered as long as you have permission to drive that car. Second, you as a driver must have insurance. While things like comprehensive and collision insurance won't follow you to a car that's not yours, that's already taken care of by the driver's insurance. And the coverage that doesn't follow the car -- med pay, for instance -- follows you from your own policy, no matter what car you're driving. Want to know more? Check out the links on the next page. But I did find the process of writing about it really useful, since if I'm driving a car, it's good to know how it's (and I'm) protected, right? I found that many agents I spoke to didn't know much about how auto insurance works outside of their state, but Web sites selling auto insurance actually ended up being good resources. That's not usually the case with Web sites that are trying to sell you something, but since their customers really do have to understand what they're buying before the pull out the credit card, I was in luck. It was also really interesting to learn how the requirements for coverage vary from state to state, and it's something I'll definitely pay attention to the next time I'm road tripping. How does the car you buy impact your insurance rate? How does getting married affect your auto insurance?

If you cherished this short article and you would like to acquire far more details with regards to cashis albums kindly visit our own web-site.

Should you cherished this post in addition to you wish to be given details regarding cashis albums i implore you to pay a visit to our own web site.
위로