메뉴 건너뛰기

XEDITION

Board

The Project Sarah Harris' Kids Were Threatened Online After Jesus Joke

SamaraRector43853 2023.06.17 03:04 조회 수 : 2

Sarah Harris has revealed the horrific backlash she copped after she laughed at a controversial joke a comedian made about Jesus on The Project earlier this year. 

Reuben Kaye made the crude comment on the show back in February, saying: 'I love any man who can get nailed for three days straight and come back for more.'

online-shopping-credit-cards.jpg?width=7

After Harris, 41, she received vile threats to the children she shares with her ex-husband Tom Ward -  sons Paul, six, and Harry, four.

'I had to change all my profiles and I purposely didn't look at my messages, people were angry and they had to let off steam,' she explained during an interview on .

Despite the backlash, she told Johns that religious jokes can't be 'off limits'. 

Sarah Harris, 41, (pictured) opened up about the backlash she received upon laughing at Reuben Kaye's controversial Jesus joke on The Project

'I'm not defending having the joke on the show, it was absolutely the wrong context and wrong forum for that, but when we start talking about what you can and can't joke about, are we going to move onto blasphemy laws next?' she said. 

'It's concerning for comedy as well.

If we are going to say you can't joke about that - it's completely off limits - it's a really bizarre kind of time we find ourselves in.'

Following Kaye's appearance on Channel 10's The Project, media watchdog ACMA  received 203 complaints or inquiries about the episode aired on Tuesday 28 February. 

The comedian, 37, (pictured) made the crude comment on TV in February, saying: 'I love any man who can get nailed for three days straight and come back for more'

Harris couldn't help but laugh at the joke, leading to a barrage of daftar situis agen slot online hate which included threats to her children, she revealed on The Matty Johns Podcast 

Co-host Harris laughed at the joke, which went to air uncensored during the live broadcast, but her Muslim colleague Waleed Aly sat stony-faced. The next night Aly, 44, and Harris apologised for the joke.

'We want to acknowledge the particular offense that caused our Muslim viewers but especially our Christian viewers. Obviously I understand just how profound that offence was,' Aly said.

Aly and Harris said the joke was unexpected and left unedited because it was a live broadcast.

Despite the cruel comments, Harris, who shares Paul, six, and Harry, four, (both pictured) with ex-husband Tom Ward, said religious jokes can't be 'off limits'

위로