메뉴 건너뛰기

XEDITION

Board

One mother, wanting to redo her kitchen but not liking the price tag that would come with it, created her very own modern kitchen paradise for just £170.

Sarah-Jayne Plant, 29, from Wiltshire, monthly calendar free printable created the kitchen of her dreams on a tight budget, saving herself thousands in the process. 

The mum-of-one transformed the worktops with DC Fix, made her own shaker-style cupboards with MDF from B&Q and even created leather handles herself.

Sarah-Jayne told money-saving community LatestDeals.co.uk: 'When we moved into our home I knew it was where we would stay.

Sarah-Jayne Plant, 29, from Wiltshire, created the kitchen of her dreams on a tight budget, saving herself thousands in the process.  She used MDF from B&Q to create shaker-style units, made her own leather handles and painted the units in an on-trend dark grey 

Her kitchen before was drab and dated, and after looking on Pinterest and Instagram, Sarah-Jayne was inspired to give it a makeover 

Sarah-Jayne created her own shaker style kitchen after becoming displeased with how dated her kitchen looked

'I managed to get the rest of the house feeling warm and homely but the kitchen never felt right.

It felt cold and unwelcoming.

'I looked at people's Instagram and Pinterest and thought I could never afford a beautiful kitchen like theirs, so I thought I could try and recreate one myself. 

'I loved the idea of a shaker style kitchen so I went to B&Q and I picked up three MDF boards at around £12 each and they kindly cut them into three-inch wide strips.'

Shaker style units have a square centre panel, and Sarah-Jayne used the MDF to create the look on her plain cupboard doors.  

The mum lightly sanded down the original cupboards and used wood glue to attach the MDF around each one to creat a centre panel that looks like a shaker unit 

'I had to cut some of them down with a handsaw to the lengths I needed,' she said

'I slightly sanded down the original cupboards and used wood glue to attach the MDF around each cupboard.'

'A few hours later I went and filled in any gaps with polyfilla.

'I gave the finished cupboards a sand before painting them with Wilko Supernova Tough & Washable Matte Paint on the bottom cupboards, which cost £17 and B&Q GoodHome Durable Artemisa Matte Cabinet Paint for £15.

'When it came to finding handles I liked, I loved the look of leather handles and you can definitely buy them pre-made but it wasn't in my budget.

Not wanting to spend a fortune on handmade leather handles, Sarah-Jayne found strips of leather and created them herself

'Instead, I found strips of leather online for roughly £20 and cut them myself to size and made my unusual handles.'

위로