메뉴 건너뛰기

XEDITION

Board

A father-of-two was forced to have his penis amputated after a 'harmless rash' turned out to be a rare form of cancer.

Neil Walker, 54, from Bristol, realised something was wrong when discolouration on his genitals was not fading.
After being told it was nothing to worry about and prescribed a steroid cream by his GP, Mr Walker insisted on further tests.

He was finally diagnosed with penile cancer in September 2014 and underwent an operation to amputate the tip of his genitals.

Yet, when the cancer returned just a few years later, he had to have the entire organ removed.

Due to the cancer spreading, lymph nodes in his groin also had to taken out. This left Mr Walker with a severely weak immune system that saw him on 'death's door' while he battled sepsis four times in just one year.

Now recovered, Mr Walker, who urinates out of a 'make-shift hole' behind his testicles, said: 'I have been left feeling completely de-masculinized and I know that if I had caught the cancer sooner, I'd still have my manhood.'

위로