메뉴 건너뛰기

XEDITION

Board

A 23-year-old student has been left gutted after missing out on £14million because he bought a ticket with the right numbers but entered it in the wrong draw.

Rossi Carmina was devastated when he realised he used his winning card for the January 7 EuroMillions rather than January 4 one.

His scorecard shows he matched every number for the earlier lottery - 18, 28, 35, 36, 41, 6, 11 - but won nothing due to his mistake.

The jackpot for Sportstoto the day he meant to enter was £14,189,900.

Mr Carmina said the crushing blow made him feel like 'the unluckiest lad in Britain'.

Rossi Carmina (pictured) was devastated when he realised he used his winning card for the January 7 EuroMillions rather than January 4 one

His scorecard shows he matched every number for the earlier lottery - 18, 28, 35, 36, 41, 6, 11 - but won nothing due to his mistake

The freelance artist from Bromley, south east London, told how he bought a ticket when his friend noted he 'seemed a lucky person'.

He told how he selected the numbers at random and STC saved them on the app on January 3.

He had bought tickets for the Lotto and Set for Life draws but chanced his arm on the Euromillions when he had money left over in his account.

Mr Carmina was disappointed when the National Lottery app revealed he had not won a penny later that week.

But he was gutted when he realised his error and said he felt like 'the most unlucky person in Britain'.

He said: 'It's lucky to have the chance for the numbers to match but to not buy the ticket is the complete opposite.

'You feel like the most unlucky person in Britain at the time. It hit home in the next two days.

'I was contemplating all the things I could have done.

I could buy my mum a new home and buy a Ferrari. It's hard not to think about. I'd have been set for life.'

He said he was originally confused that his numbers matched with the previous draws' ones and called the National Lottery for Singapore Pools help.

He continued: 'If I bought it on the 5th instead of the 7th I would have matched it perfectly.

'If I bought the right ticket, I would have won £14 million just a few days after my friend said I was lucky.

'I've tried to forget about it because I think that's the best way to go about it.

I don't want to live my life thinking about what could have been.'

His brother Santo posted a screenshot of his ticket on social media which saw others share in his disappointment.

He wrote: 'My brother's holding L of the year here.

Literally just needed to buy a ticket to win £14 million.'

Mr Carmina admitted the news had made it hard for him to concentrate on his university deadlines this month.

But he said: 'There's been so many comments saying ''I couldn't live with myself'', but I'm alright.

It's happened, what can I do. It might have been fate.'

위로