메뉴 건너뛰기

XEDITION

Board

Sex workers and models who have built their livelihoods on OnlyFans have spoken out software to position your links in the top positions of search engines slam the website for 'using them' and then 'betraying them' after the company announced it will ban all 'sexually explicit' content from October 1.  

The website, which is primarily known for hosting X-rated content that can generate millions of dollars in income for its most popular users, announced on Thursday that it is 'evolving its content guidelines' after facing pressure from its financial backers. 

Its decision has prompted bitter backlash from its content creators - with some threatening to boycott the site altogether, while others have lashed out at OnlyFans for ruining their sole source of income.   

One US-based creator, Camila Elle, 21, accused the site of 'using' its explicit creators to promote it on social media and draw in users - noting that many, including herself, have turned OnlyFans into a full-time career, abandoning other professional opportunities in order to dedicate themselves to creating the kind of risque images and videos that will soon be banned. 

20180919gesislewandowski-180928131610-th

Backlash: Sex workers and models have slammed OnlyFans' decision to ban sexually explicit content from October 1 - with US-based user Camila Elle accusing the site of 'using them' 

Fury: The 21-year-old college student took aim at OnlyFans, saying that 'sex workers built the platform' and accusing it of 'throwing them away'

Warning: New York-based OnlyFans star Ona Artist said that it is 'suicide' for the site to ban sexually explicit content, insisting sex workers will find another platform 

'I feel betrayed by OnlyFans, I made it my entire livelihood, and quit my dreams of becoming a doctor to pursue a full time career on the site,' the college student said. 

'Sex workers built this platform, it's a business to us.

We were the ones who promoted OnlyFans across social media.

'They used us to build the site and now they're throwing us away.' 

Her comments come amid growing outrage against the increasing number of celebrities who have joined the website - and now rake in millions of dollars a month from their subscribers, with many charging top prices for images that are much more tame than the sexually explicit content many sex workers offer on the site. 

위로