메뉴 건너뛰기

XEDITION

Board

Munster Injury Not A Distraction For Manly

HassanAngelo3379 2022.07.10 05:27 조회 수 : 1

Manly coach Des Hasler says his side won't become preoccupied thinking about the fitness of Melbourne five-eighth Cameron Munster ahead of the rivals' round 16 clash.

One of the form players of the NRL, Munster suffered a shoulder injury in the second State of Origin game at Perth's Optus Stadium but has been named to face the Sea Eagles on Thursday night.

toto vip LILLE 090613 soundcheck - YouTube

The Storm have long been known for their "next man up" approach and Hasler expects his side would account for the Queensland Origin star's absence if he was a last-minute withdrawal.

"If I was a betting man, if young Munster doesn't play, I think you'd probably see (Nick) Meaney in the six jersey," he said.

"There's another bloke floating around the back there called (Ryan) Papenhuyzen and he might be a bit handy at the back.

"They're not sitting second on the table because they can't handle adversity.

They're very well prepared."

The 10th-placed Sea Eagles could finish the round in the top eight for the first time in two months with a win, but a loss could push them down to 11th.

"We know what these games are," Hasler said.

"The last month of football, we've probably been a bit inconsistent but we're getting better."

Hasler said his side wouldn't be haunted by their last performance when they took to 4 Pines Park to face the Storm.

In round 15, Manly led North Queensland 26-12 with eight minutes to play but conceded three late tries and ultimately lost 28-26.

"That was a really hard learning experience," Hasler said.

"We're a young side.

I recognise that. Some players have only played a handful of games."

"For viptoto 72 minutes, we had that side well and truly where we needed them to be. But we've got to find a way to win, it's as simple as that."

Hasler named both Manly's Origin players, Jake Trbojevic and Daly Cherry-Evans, in his 17 to face the Storm and confirmed both would line up.

"Both are OK.

They're both sore; it was a pretty tough game," he said.

"The travel (back from Perth) is also a factor. But they'll line up again tomorrow."

위로