메뉴 건너뛰기

XEDITION

Board

A young mum-of-three has revealed how she finally found a new rental property for her family after making a small change in the way she searched through listings. 

Sharna-Daisy Chaffey, motor yat kiralama her partner and three kids, from North Brisbane, moved out of their home in February due to floods and into a temporary property for a short-term lease.

'Our plan was to move back into our old house when it was ready, but a few months ago it was far from being finished.

So I told the real estate we would like to extend the lease for the temporary house,' Sharna, 24, told FEMAIL.  

'Unfortunately 20 minutes later I received notice that we needed to move out because the owner wanted to sell the property.'

What followed was a desperate two-month search for a new place to call home.

'It was honestly nuts, there were always around 20-25 families at the viewings. After one viewing I counted 35 cars on the street,' Sharna said. 

Scroll down for video 

Sharna-Daisy Chaffey (pictured) , her partner and three kids were forced to move out of their rental after the short-term lease ended because the landlord wanted to sell

Sharna told FEMAIL the property market was 'nuts' and between 20 to 35 families would attend viewings. Sharna had to do most of the searching by herself because her partner (right) is a FIFO worker

Two weeks into her search, motor yat kiralama Sharna noticed her current residence had been put on the market with an increased rent of $50 per week, bringing it to $460 - which she admitted felt like a slap in the face. 

'It's so frustrating because we would've stayed and paid the increased amount if they had asked; we had no other choice but to move,' she said. 

'I blatantly told the real estate agency I saw the ad online and they danced around the question as to why it was the case.' 

From there, Sharna applied for as many suitable homes as possible and had a budget of $500 to $650 per week. 

'We weren't too picky on the suburb and were looking for a three or four bedroom house,' Sharna said, adding: 'But it was beyond difficult and stressful'. She would attend one to two inspections a day and would sometimes need to pick up the kids early from school to go view houses

'We weren't too picky on the suburb and were looking for a three or four bedroom house,' she said, adding: 'But it was beyond difficult and stressful.

위로