메뉴 건너뛰기

XEDITION

Board

Single ladies of the five boroughs your prince has arrived.

The catch: his throne is on Staten Island.  

Pete Davidson, 27, has finally proved doubters wrong by moving out of his mother's basement and into a modest, $1.2million, two bedroom bachelor pad within New York City's favorite punchline. 

The SNL comedian and star of The King of Staten Island's decision to remain in his hometown has sparked fierce online debate: Why would the funnyman worth an estimated $6million and with a string of high-profile romances to Hollywood's finest- Ariana Grande, Kaia Gerber- encamp on the much maligned, 'forgotten borough'?  

'It doesn't matter what it looks like, even if it were a mansion, he's still in Staten Island,' wrote one commenter.

'It's NY redneck-ville,' said another.  

Moving on up: SNL funnyman Pete Davidson, Free.webcamsexepute.eu/KZ5gw5 27, purchased a luxurious high-rise apartment in his hometown of Staten Island, New York for a cool $1.2million. The move sparked fierce debate and left the internet divided over why the beloved casanova, with seemingly everything: money, star power and hordes of female fans chose to remain in his modest, working class hometown 

Big changes: The 27-year-old SNL comedian is seen courtside at a New York Knicks game in March 2021.

He revealed to fellow SNL star, Colin Jost that he was planning on moving out of his mom's basement in February: 'The thing is my mom is a lot like this show. No matter what I do, I'm never asked to leave. Also, they're both really old and noticeably fatigued'

The panoramic views of Manhattan's skyline elicited one user to joke that it's large windows would offer 'waterfront views of the bodies floating by'

One friendly commenter wrote that the apartment seemed nice and cozy, 'Not at all ostentatious and very livable looking!' While another remarked: 'It doesn't matter what it looks like, even if it were a mansion, he's still in Staten Island'

'Staten Island, where smells from long closed landfills always return. Nice view but keep the windows closed Pete,' mocked InformedCommenter

Congratulations are in order: The SNL comedian, long accused of being 'man child' has finally proved doubters wrong, much to the delight of his legions of female fans

CassaClaire on Twitter poked fun at the real estate listing's staged décor while another jokes that 'moments after moving in' the charcuterie board 'will be covered in weed'

In the latest sign that 'The King of Staten Island' was nothing less than a biopic starring the subject himself, Pete Davidson revealed on TikTok that he finally made the move out from under his mother's watchful eye into his own bachelor pad.  

'I just moved out of my mom's house,' he said as he fumbled for keys.

'I'm fully out. I got a pad.' 

It comes as great news for the casanova's legion of female fans. But the move has also left many scratching their heads over his decision to stick around Staten Island - the forsaken suburban wasteland forever marred by its reputation as a former landfill that breeds fist-pumping, orange skinned 'Guidos.'  

As one user

People who know little about Staten Island tend to know this much: It is a historical haven for mobsters (Paul Castellano's former compound is a short drive from Vito Corleone's home in the The Godfather), and it was also once the location of a 2,200-acre landfill that served as the city's dump between 1948 to 2001.  

위로